books I've recently enjoyed

I've always loved reading but sometimes I go through streaks of time where I don't read anything at all. Well recently I've gotten through a few good books so I thought I'd share!

So on Saturday morning, I woke up and made Randy breakfast, started the laundry, did the dishes, did some vacuuming - then I was going to sit down to read a little bit before I went to the grocery store. I sat down around 6:30am and started reading and told myself I'd get up to go to the grocery store at 8. Well guess what time I went to the grocery store? Around 1pm. Because I had to finish this book!!! I'm glad I had nothing else to do that day :) It was so good. I've been obsessed with Colleen Hoover ever since I read It Ends With Us (also finished in one sitting) and I don't see the obsession ending any time soon. Ugly Love is the book I read on Saturday and it's basically about a guy and girl that decide to have a 'friends with benefits' relationship but.. we all know how that turns out. P.S. it's probably rated PG-13 or R. Here's a little quote from Amazon: 

"Hearts get infiltrated. 
Promises get broken. 
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly."

Ugly Love: A Novel by [Hoover, Colleen]

These next two books I read while I was on vacation in February. First up is another Colleen Hoover book. This one I started on the plane and finished in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep. :) This one was very good, too - I can honestly say that I've never read a book that had certain elements that Maybe Someday had. And you'll just have to read it to find out what I mean! Haha. It's another romantic type of novel but the depth of love that I felt during this book was on another level. 

Maybe Someday by [Hoover, Colleen]

Last but not least is Everything We Keep by Kerry Lonsdale. This one is a mix between romance and mystery. Basically it starts out with the main character (Aimee) burying her fiance on what was supposed to be their wedding day. Then after the funeral she finds out that there's reason to believe he's not actually dead! Then the whole book takes you through her trying to figure out the true story. Very very good book - and there's a sequel coming out in July, I believe. I'll definitely be reading that! 


 Everything We Keep: A Novel by [Lonsdale, Kerry]

That's it for today! Have you read these books yet? If you're into reading and you haven't, definitely check them out!


No comments:

Post a Comment