Makeup Collection, Storage & Organization


Today I thought I'd share my makeup collection and how I store all of it! I have a fairly good size collection, but it's not all for me. I freelance a little bit and do makeup for a few weddings and proms each year. I mean, I use most of it on myself, but the freelancing helps justify my addiction love for makeup :) On an everyday basis I just wear a BB cream, concealer, bronzer/blush, mascara, eyebrows, and lips. But, on a rare occasion (like a weekend) that I have time to play, I'll sit at my vanity and take a bunch of products out and go to town! Also - disclaimer, this is a collection over a span of the last 3-4 years. I've been trying to use up a lot of it lately and only buy what I'm running out of.. #operationpurgeALLthethings! That being said, come on in!

This is the view of my bathroom from the door.. 


I keep all my makeup in the middle vanity area. The long drawer above my seat, the small drawer to the right and the big mirrored cupboard in the middle. 


I keep my small mirror and my brushes on the counter top. I used to keep a LOT more there but in my effort to live a less cluttered life, I moved everything else into the drawers and cupboards. I'm loving it! It's much easier to wipe my counter tops every day and it only takes a few seconds to take things out and put them away when I'm done with it. The brush holders I picked up from my local dollar store and please excuse my dirty brushes.. they'll be getting a nice deep cleaning soon!


Then in the small drawer to the right of my seat, I keep smaller eyeshadow palettes. I've got some Kat Von D, Too Faced, Tarte, Anastasia Beverly Hills.. eyeshadow is my weakness, and this isn't all of it. :) 


The long drawer above my seat holds my primers, concealer, face powders, bronzer, blush, single eyeshadows, eyebrow products, highlighters, eyeliners, annnnd mascaras. Oofta- that was more than I thought it held! Ha! I'm in this drawer every day, for sure. 


The cupboard in the middle holds my lip products, foundations, a few blushes, face powders and large eyeshadow/face palettes. 


I organize my larger eyeshadow palettes with letter/mail organizers. It's really nice because they're all separated and I can see everything. The way I stored them before, they were all just sitting on top of each other and it wasn't allowing me to use a palette I hadn't used in awhile.. I just used the same thing all the time because it was on top! This is way better for my larger collection. 


The middle shelf holds bigger blushes/highlighters/face powders that don't fit in my other drawer, some extra concealers, highlighters, and then my foundations and facial sprays. A lot of this is mainly used in my kit for weddings but I just keep it all here for now.


Last but not least, the bottom shelf holds my lip products! I know it's a lot.. But I have to have quite a variety for all my brides, bridesmaids, and prom attendees! They're slightly organized by color, type and finish. 


That's it! I was recently thinking of separating out the makeup I use ONLY in my kit (darker shades, things that aren't fit for my skin type, etc.) and keeping my every day makeup in my bathroom. I'm undecided.. the thought recently came to me when I got hit with my organization bug. We'll see! I'll keep ya posted. :) I hope you enjoyed seeing my makeup collection, storage and organization. If you have any questions on a product you might have seen (do I like it, what is it, etc.) - just leave a comment below! 



No comments:

Post a Comment