What's Up Wednesday

whatsupwedupdated

wuwquestions-edit

This is my first link-up! Let's get started..
1: WHAT WE’RE EATING THIS WEEK:
I like to plan our meals two weeks in advance so here's a little peak at what we have going on this week... It's usually easy things I can put together without too much effort. I'm no chef. :) 
2. WHAT I’M REMINISCING ABOUT:
This past weekend when my maternal grandmother turned 99 years old! NINETY... NINE... That's a lot of years. And I tell you what, if I make it to 99, I hope I'm HALF as positive as she is. She fell about a week before her birthday and she still just says 'it could be worse'. And she says she wants to make it to 100! What a woman. 
This is her and I at my wedding in 2015. She still kisses my cheek each time I visit her. :)
Image may contain: 1 person, standing and wedding
3: WHAT I'M LOVING:
I am loving all the warm weather we've been having lately! We live in Minnesota and it's been in the mid 30's the past couple of weeks. That may sound cold to some but when the temperatures fell into the -30 range in December, 35 feels tropical!!

4: WHAT WE’VE BEEN UP TO:
My husband Randy joined the volunteer fire department in our town and their training requires 180 hours in a classroom.. so he's doing that usually 3 times a week for a few hours at a time. And while he's there, I'm usually at home organizing ALL THE THINGS. I got hit with a major 'purge everything I don't need' bug when the new year struck! I'm enjoying the process a lot. Like probably more than I should enjoy something like that. I love having a de-cluttered space to live and work in; it just allows my mind to think freely! #nerdstatus 
5: WHAT I’M DREADING:
There's a real possibility I may need to have one of my teeth pulled.. I've previously had TWO root canals performed on said tooth. Let's just say, the darn tooth doesn't want to let it go. :( I really really really hope I do NOT have to have it pulled because a) pain and b) that's expensive. But if I do, I'm dreading it already.
This is me:
Image result for toothache funny picture
6: WHAT I’M WORKING ON:
Like I said before, cleaning and organizing and purging all the things in my house. We've already donated about 6 or 7 bags of clothes and miscellaneous items. I think we've thrown out equal amounts of bags. Yikes!
7: WHAT I’M EXCITED ABOUT:
Our brand spanking new, FREE, vacuum!!! Story time.. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to start researching new vacuums. The one we had was just not cutting it and was a huge pain to drag around. I found one I liked, HERE. It's cordless, small, converts to a handheld; all good things! So I went ahead and ordered it (on sale) and chose to pick it up in the store since I'd be headed that way in a couple of days. I picked it up, brought it home, used it EVERY day since then. But after a few days of use, I realized that Target never charged my debit card for the purchase. So, trying to be a good person, I called them and made them aware of the issue. They told me I'd have to bring the item back to the store so they could charge my card. Well, Target is not exactly two blocks down the street for me. It's a good 40-45 minute drive. I asked if they could do anything for me over the phone, the lady told me to hang on while she checked. I waited and when she came back, here's what she said... "You can just keep it and we won't charge you". WHAT????!?!!!!? A few hundred dollars in my pocket and a brand new vacuum?? Make my freaking day!!!! And seriously - I love this vacuum. I can cart it anywhere and it's just so easy to use! I don't think I have the exact one pictured below, but it's close. 
Image result for dyson cordless v6 vacuum
8: WHAT I’M WATCHING/READING:
I just finished re-watching One Tree Hill. Now I'm alternating between re-watching Gossip Girl and Friends. I've already seen all 3 of those series more than a few times... What can I say? I'm a creature of habit. I know what I like so I stick with it. :) 
9: WHAT I’M LISTENING TO:
Right now, Gossip Girl. :) Chuck is... well, Chuck. And also, dreamy. #sigh

I'm chuck bass- all time favorite gossip girl quote:
10: WHAT I’M WEARING:
My new Northface jacket that will definitely be mentioned in my Friday Favorites, jeans, and slippers.. And I'm just now asking myself why I still have jeans on. I've been home for a couple hours now. I need to get my priorities straight and whip out my pajama pants!
11: WHAT I’M DOING THIS WEEKEND:

Friday night we have a 'winter warm-up' to attend. It's put on by our local American Legion and you basically go and try a whole bunch of different wines and beers. I personally don't drink (not pregnant, just don't enjoy it), but I like to go and enjoy mingling with everyone! Saturday should be pretty low-key. Randy has fire training all day so I'll probably be (you guessed it) organizing and cleaning the house. We'll likely go to Saturday night mass and we have nothing on the agenda for Sunday! Whoo! 

12. WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:

I'm headed on a vacation next month, whoot whoot! But I'm also bummed because Randy can't join me due to fire training. Boooo! Oh well, there will be other times.

13. WHAT ELSE IS NEW:

Ummm, we got a new dishwasher last month? It may also make its way into the Friday Favorites post... It's that good.

BONUS QUESTION - WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE BACHELOR?

I'd have to go with... Sean Lowe. He just had all his priorities straight and was so sweet and considerate to all the ladies. I also read his book in one sitting if that tells you anything. I'd highly recommend it if you're into the Bachelor; he gives some interesting viewpoints about what all goes down on those shows!

Image result for sean lowe book


Whoo! We made it! I can't wait for next month. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment