25 Week Bumpdate!

Once again... I wrote this back when I actually was 25 weeks but I'm just now getting around to posting it. I'll be 27 weeks this Thursday.

Due date: December 7th, 2017

How far along: 25 weeks exactly!

Gender: BOY!!!!

Baby’s name: We have a few favorites but we’re still not 100% on it. I feel like at this point I need to see him to know if it fits!

Size of the baby: Cauliflower.. which I’m guessing is a whole head of cauliflower? About a foot long and just over a pound.

Movement: Feeling kicks all the time. I love it.

Total weight gain so far: Around 15 pounds.

Symptoms: Swollen ankles and leg cramps. I’m still trying to put my feet up when I can – especially when I’m sleeping. They’re still swollen pretty much every day, some days are worse than others. The leg cramps will wake me up at night, usually every night. I’m trying to drink more water and have a banana regularly. I also tried some compression socks the other night to try and bring the swelling down but the ones I bought were too much – I need a lower level of compression. I could barely get them off and on. Randy had to help me; it was a sight to see.

Most recent doctor appointment: I just did my glucose test this week and we had a prenatal appointment Friday morning. I passed my glucose test, my blood pressure is great, baby's heartbeat was good - all is looking great! And P.S. I didn't think the glucose test was as bad as I've read about online ;)

Belly button in or out: In. I think it’ll be a little bit yet before it pops out.

Favorite maternity clothes right now: Dresses. More specifically, maxi dresses/skirts. They’re just the easiest and comfiest things to wear. I’m not sure what I’ll wear if it gets really cold in November/December. I despise wearing pants right now!

Stretch marks: None so far!

Sleep: Pretty good. It seems my new normal is to wake up once per night due to leg cramps, go downstairs to get an ice pack to help with the cramping and then pee while I’m at it. Once the leg cramps subside, I can usually fall back asleep pretty quickly.

Mood: I feel like overall I haven’t been that bad. As long as I’m fed - I am known to get hangry for sure! On my mom’s birthday we went out to eat for lunch with the family. Before we got there I ran a few errands with Randy. I was SO crabby at him because I was hungry and I just wanted to get there and eat! Right when we arrived I ordered a basket of fries. Once I got some of those in me I was fine.. and proceeded to eat my whole plate of chicken quesadillas. Obviously. So to sum up – I’m not that moody unless I’m hungry and Randy’s a saint.

Food cravings: I don’t feel like I’ve been craving much of anything lately. Once in awhile I’ll crave a glass of milk – white or chocolate. Cereal has been great lately. Oh and my favorite snack is banana cream yogurt with graham crackers crushed on top. It’s like a mini banana cream pie! But with about 12 grams of protein ;)

Favorite moment this week: Just feeling the little baby kick!

Biggest complaint: Swelling/leg cramps. It’s really nothing compared to what other ladies go through during pregnancy but that’s all I have to complain about! I’m grateful.

Recent baby purchase: Ummm I don’t think we’ve purchased anything since the last time I posted. But my sister-in-law gave us the cutest onesie and a baby calendar to mark all his special ‘firsts’! The onesie says ‘I’m just a stud muffin looking for my cupcake’ – haha! So cute.

Hubby: Like I said.. he’s a saint. He’s just really excited to meet the little fella.

Nursery: Hasn’t been touched in a few weeks. I’ve done a few minor things but nothing really worth sharing.

Labor signs: None!
Looking forward to: I think we’re going to register soon.. I’m half excited and half thinking we’ll be overwhelmed with all the decisions we’ll be making.
I'll leave you with a few pictures.. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment