Baby J Gender Predictions and REVEAL!


A few things to note.. I wrote these predictions out the night before we found out the gender. 
Randy and I found out first and then told both of our immediate families. The pictures at the bottom of the post are from a reveal we did for my mom's friends at her housewarming party - which is why Randy and I don't look at all surprised. :) 

For the predictions - I obviously know that these are only 'old wives tales' and can't really predict the gender. Randy and I both want a healthy baby and will be totally fine with either gender. Although Randy is hoping for a boy just a teeny bit because he knows I'll dress up a girl with bows and frills! I just thought it'd be fun to examine and see what kind of outcome we got. :)       


Chinese Gender Calendar: says it's a BOY
Carrying high (girl) or low (boy): it seems like I'm carrying high, GIRL
Baby's heart rate (over 140bpm is a girl, under 140bpm is a boy): It's been around 150-160 the last few doctors appointments, GIRL
Skin changes (they say boys make your skin better and girls make your skin worse-think acne): I've had a few more break-outs than normal, GIRL
Nausea (nausea usually means it's a girl, no nausea means it's a boy): No nausea at all, BOY
Cravings- sweets (girl) or salty (boy): Salty and sour, BOY
Cravings- fruit (girl) or meats and cheese (boy): Oooh both.. but I'd say meat more, BOY
Headaches- yes (boy) or no (girl): Not really, GIRL
Leg hair (less hair means girl, more hair means boy): Normal amount, GIRL 
Does your husband have more brothers or sister: 2 brothers and 1 sister, BOY
Feet warmer (girl) and colder (boy): Same but normally they're cold, BOY
Has dad gained weight (boy) or none at all (girl): None, GIRL
Chest has not grown (girl) or it has grown (boy): Grown, BOY
Sleep-if you sleep mostly on your left side it's a boy, on your right side it's a girl: Usually right side, GIRL 
Heartburn- yes means girl, no means boy: None really, BOY
So we have 7 tallies for GIRL and 8 tallies for BOY. This could go either way, people!


Here we go....


Baby J is a....








BOY!!!!!! 

We are so excited to be having a little man join our family. God has definitely blessed us. 

P.S. Ignore my cankles in the pictures. Mama has been swollen. 
P.P.S. Thanks to MY mama for taking these pictures on her iPhone. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment