Baby Johnson Bumpdates - 6, 9, 15 Weeks!


We're pregnant!! For about 19 weeks now.. so this blog post has been coming for awhile now :)  

I wanted to start documenting my pregnancy every few weeks as soon as I found out I was pregnant. Obviously I couldn't post the earlier posts before we told all of our friends and family but I've just been keeping them saved on my computer. Now that the secret is out (and has been for awhile now) - I thought I'd share some updates! I'll hopefully get a 20 week update done later this week or next week AND a gender predictions/reveal post! Now for the updates...

 
Please excuse the overkill of smiley faces in this post – we are just so excited for this little babe!


Due date: December 7th, 2017

How far along: 6 weeks!

Gender: Way too early to tell, but can’t wait to find out!

Baby's name: We’ll be waiting until we know the gender to even TALK names although I do have a running list on my phone J

Size of the baby: A sweet pea! And it sure is sweet.

Movement:  Obviously nothing.

Total weight gain so far: Like 3 pounds? I’ve been hitting the snacks a little too hard lately… Oops! Must cut back and start working out!

Symptoms: Just a lot of fatigue. I sneak quite a few under my desk naps over my lunch breaks these days. I’m also pretty bloated and peeing more often. But no nausea (yet – crossing my fingers on that one!).

Most recent doctor appointment: Two weeks ago I think.. Just to confirm pregnancy and do some bloodwork. In which I found out that my blood type is O Positive! And… Randy is also O positive! How crazy is that!? Randy has always known his blood type but I’ve never known mine. He always gives double when he donates blood (since O positive can give to anyone). Now I feel like I need to donate blood! Maybe after the pregnancy, though..

Belly button in or out: In.

Favorite maternity clothes right now: None! Although I did buy some new dress clothes for work recently and got this awesome pair of navy pants that are just elastic! They aren’t maternity pants but man are they comfy.

Stretch marks: None, yet.

Sleep: Recently being interrupted once a night by the urge to pee. I’ve been trying to fight it thinking I can go back to sleep.. then after a half hour or so I get up to pee and then I immediately fall back to sleep! I guess I should just start giving in to the urge. J

Mood: Happy for the most part! A little cranky some days.

Food cravings: Umm.. I don’t know that I’d call them cravings but I’ll think of certain foods that just sound REALLY good. Like chicken, chocolate milk, pizza, etc.

Favorite moment this week: A week ago we ordered a onesie to tell our families we’re expecting and it came in this week! I’ll put a picture below.. it’s so CUTE and SOOO teeny tiny!

I'm missing: Nothing right now! Just praying for this little sweet pea to stick around and be healthy J

Biggest complaint: None!

Recent baby purchase: That onesie I mentioned above. And an egg to stick it in for one of the nieces or nephews to open up on Easter.

Quick picture of the reveal to my immediate family - note my sister's face :)

Hubby: is SO SO SO excited J He asked this week when I’ll start showing. And although I’m pretty bloated, I had to burst his bubble and say it’ll be awhile J

Nursery: Absolutely nothing… currently trying to move my mom’s stuff out of our house into her new house. Then we’ll talk!

Labor signs: NONE of course!

 

9 weeks

 

Due date: December 7th, 2017.. We thought it might change to December 5th because I measured two days farther along but the doctor decided to leave it as is.

How far along: 9 weeks!

Gender: Way too early to tell, but can’t wait to find out!

Baby’s name: We’ve been discussing more ideas but nothing picked yet – especially without knowing the gender.

Size of the baby: A pecan? I think that’s what my app last told me. Still teeny J

Movement:  Obviously nothing.

Total weight gain so far: Like 3 pounds? I’ve been hitting the snacks a little too hard lately… Oops! Must cut back and start working out!

 
Symptoms: Still just very, very tired. I’m feeling very lucky to not have had any nausea or vomiting thus far.. I’m still not counting myself out. I feel like the moment I deem myself of not having morning sickness, it’ll hit me. I’m just crossing my fingers at this point!

Most recent doctor appointment: Last week we had an ultrasound and a couple of days ago we had our first official prenatal appointment. The ultrasound was very neat! We got a little picture of the babe and the technician said that the heartbeat was 169. Our prenatal appointment the other day was fairly boring J He tried to listen for the heartbeat with his little Doppler thingy but it was still too early. That was the most exciting thing that happened! 

Belly button in or out: In.

Favorite maternity clothes right now: Do leggings count? I’m still wearing all of my normal clothes but my jeans are becoming a little bit more uncomfortable as the days go by.

Stretch marks: None, yet.

Sleep: Pretty good lately! I think my body is getting used to the extra need to pee because I’m sleeping through it now J It’s been a rare occurrence to wake up in the middle of the night for the past few weeks.

Mood: Joyful, joyful for this little baby! Cranky some days, mostly when I’m HANGRY.

Food cravings: As of lately.. crispy, cold fruit – like grapes, apples, watermelon. A banana smoothie was high on my list last week. BBQs (sloppy joes to some of you). I think that’s it..

Favorite moment this week: Well this is technically from last week – but having our first ultrasound and getting a picture of that sweet little peanut. I can’t wait to see the pictures progress as he or she grows!

Biggest complaint: I miss tuna!! That probably sounds weird and I know I could eat a little here or there but it’s the ONE thing that I’ve wanted to eat but read that some kinds are bad. I should just do a little bit more research and figure out what kind I could eat. I love me a good tuna sandwich!

Recent baby purchase: I don’t think I’ve purchased anything for the little babe recently. I have been looking at a whole lot though… Cribs, diaper bags, cute little clothes. Love it all!

Hubby: Still very very excited. Coming to all the doctors appointments, obliging to my hangry food needs.. well, obliging to all my needs is probably a better way to put it J He’s just the best.

Nursery: Still trying to move my sweet mother’s stuff out of our house. But honestly I want to get cracking on this because our summer is about to be BUSY!

Labor signs: NONE of course. Keeping it that way!

Looking forward to: Telling everyone! We’ve told both of our immediate families and a couple of friends but that’s about it. I have a cute picture idea in mind so we’ll see if I can make it come to life.


15 Weeks

 

Due date: December 7th, 2017

How far along: 15 weeks! Holy moly. It’s been awhile since I’ve written an update!

Gender: We should be able to find out in just over a month and I can’t wait!!! I haven’t decided if I want to hear it from the ultrasound or do something different… we’ll see.

Baby’s name: Still nothing – likely won’t be a serious discussion until after we know the gender.

Size of the baby: My app tells me it’s the size of a navel orange. About 4 inches long and a few ounces big.

Movement:  Still nothing but hopefully soon!

Total weight gain so far: I think around 7 pounds.
 
Symptoms: I’ve felt some round ligament pain from the growing areas inside me. But the fatigue and sore breasts have slowed down a TON so that’s a relief.

Most recent doctor appointment: A couple weeks ago. We got to hear the heartbeat on the little doppler – it was the most incredible sound. I hope I never forget it!

Belly button in or out: In.

Favorite maternity clothes right now: I’ve taken a dive headfirst into all things maternity. I bought a few things from Target/Walmart – leggings, shorts, etc. I purchased a few things off Zulily as well. Their stuff is reduced in price, which I LOVE, but then it takes a lot longer to ship so that’s a downside. But the stuff I’ve gotten so far has been worth the wait!

Stretch marks: None, yet.

Sleep: Good! I will wake up around 4 to pee sometimes. Other nights I’ll sleep right through the need.

Mood: Most days I’m SO excited. Other days I’m nervous J Becoming a parent is a huge feat! I’m just glad I have Randy as my partner through all this. He’s been great!

Food cravings: Hmm.. I was craving a chicken Caesar salad the other day. I think my biggest cravings are for meat related foods. Spaghetti, chicken meals, still loving tuna sandwiches and mac&Cheese with tuna. If you’ve never tried that last one – you MUST. So yummy.

Favorite moment this week: Starting to see a little bump! It could still easily be mistaken as fat to a stranger but I know what’s in there J

Biggest complaint: I don’t think anything right now.. Yay!

Recent baby purchase: Nothing but I’m starting to feel the pressure to buy a few things. We’ll be fairly busy this summer and then there’s only a couple months this fall to get things prepared for this little one’s arrival!

Hubby: He is great! Always doing what I ask and helping out around the house more. We had a rough day this week but we made it through J

Nursery: This poor room has not even been touched. It’s a MESS. Hopefully we can start soon..

Labor signs: NONE of course. Keeping it that way!

Looking forward to: Finding out if this little babe is a boy or a girl! J

No comments:

Post a Comment